The Margaret River Region, Western Australia
May – August
We are fast approaching that time of the year again, where Flinders Bay, Augusta becomes a safe haven and a resting point for thousands of whales who have travelled a phenomenal distance. Leaving the feeding grounds from Antarctica more than 35,000 whales are making their incredible journey north to the warmer waters, along the way they will stop in calm bays like King George Sound, Albany as well as Flinders Bay, Augusta for that much needed break from the open waters. This provides us and many other operators along the West Australian coast line with an amazing opportunity to provide Whale Watching tours in close proximity to land, operating from beautiful bays.
Legend Charters is proud to partner with our legendary sister company Naturaliste Charters to be able to offer Augusta Whale Watching tours for the upcoming 2021 season.
Be apart of one natures best offerings and witness the mighty and graceful Humpback and Southern Right Whales as they rest and play in Flinders Bay.
Naturaliste Charters offer 2-2.5 hour family friendly whale watching experiences on board their luxury 20M Catamaran – Alison Maree.
Augusta Whale Watching Tours depart 10am and 2pm daily from May – August with the first departure of the season being the 8th May.
There has been numerous reports come through that whales are already being sighted in Flinders Bay, Augusta, we too have already been seeing them along the coast line so we are confident that there will be an amazing start to the season.
Below are some great reasons as to why you should join us for a tour:
- Naturaliste Charters have been operating Whale Watching in the South West since 1993, they are proud to be the original Whale Watching operators in the Margaret River and South West region.
- Flexible timings with 10am & 2pm departures daily (Weather and minimum passenger numbers permitting)
- With a 99% success sighting rate we guarantee you will see whales or you can join us again for free.. That’s right, if you don’t see whales you can come back for FREE!!
- Be inspired with a full commentary from our professional crew, you will learn some fun facts about the region and the whales!
- Relax in ultimate comfort on board the modern 20M Catamaran Alison Maree ensuring spectacular views from one of the multiple viewing decks or heated cabins. There are modern toilet facilities available and you can say G’day to the Skipper in the Wheelhouse, he is very friendly and always up for a chat.
- Naturaliste Charters are Eco Tourism certified and apart of Tourism Australia’s Signature Experiences collection
- Enjoy a light morning of afternoon tea of Tea, Coffee, Milo, Filtered Water and biscuits
Where is Augusta?
Augusta is apart of the breathtaking Margaret River Region, an area known for it’s natural beauty, delicious produce, beautiful wildlife and award winning wines. Augusta is based at the southern end of the Margaret River Region and is approximately a 3.5 hour drive South of Perth, or a 40 minute drive from Margaret River itself.
Where do tours depart from?
Our Augusta Whale Watching tours depart from the state-of-the-art Augusta Boat Harbour. This modern boat Harbour is a real draw card for the town which boasts great facilities, including commercial and recreational boating pens, toilets and free of charge parking. You can find the Augusta Boat Harbour on Leeuwin Road, Augusta, just a 5 minute drive from the Augusta town centre.
What does an Augusta Whale Watching Tour cost?
Seniors (65+): $80
Children (3-14): $50
Infants (0-2): FOC
Family Pass (2A & 2C) : $250
How can I book?
You can book direct through our website here.